Ford Focus - Power Steering Pipe - JF1975

My friends Ford Focus 1.6 petrol 57 plate went last Thursday to a local garage due a knocking noise which was the cv joint.

When she went to pick it up she was told that there was no noise noted but they had fixed the power steering pipe which seemed to be leaking although she had not noticed anything before it went in.

Picked car up on the Friday and when parked it up the power steering fluid was leaking out like a river.

Took it back to garage on Monday who said would fix it. They have replaced the pump, the pipes and another bit at the end though no idea what this it bit is.

They cannot seem to fix the problem. When my friend mentioned that it never went in for this they said they are doing everything they can to fix it.

Before she considers any further advice ( potentailly from another help section here ) . Is there any technical advice that can be offered ?

Ford Focus - Power Steering Pipe - elekie&a/c doctor

This is a common fault on this model Focus.New parts are a modified pump and pipework.Not a cheap fix.Sounds like the garage are trying to be as helpful as possible.Was the cv joint actually replaced?

Ford Focus - Power Steering Pipe - JF1975

Thanks for your reply - She tells me that it has been replaced