Vauxhall Corsa D VXR SP58ONZ - I need advice !! - Dannyjks
Hi, i recently part exchanged my car for another car at a garage... My original car Was on finance and everything was in my mums name as she was the main driver of the car "I was a named driver" anyway when we part exchanged the car my mum signed the finance agreement and I signed the logbook to the new car as we didn't know the car had to be in my mums name as she was on the finance agreement, the dealership didn't explain this either.. He also paid the finance of on my original car we had part exchanged for the new car.
(He chucked the finance papers to my mum and just told her to flick through to sign where was nessisary, didn't show or explain nothing.)

We got home and had a phone call from the finance company to tell us that we couldn't carry on with the finance because i had signed the logbook when my mum should have "we didn't know this" and the garage collected the car the next day and told us we could not have our original car back that we had part exchanged.. So we are now at a loss.

Are we entitled to our original car back ?
Vauxhall Corsa D VXR SP58ONZ - I need advice !! - skidpan

It depends what type of finance the car is on.

If its a personal loan it does not matter.

When we bought our new car in June it was registered in the wifes name and I signed the PCP and pay the monthly repayment and it was not an issue. The dealer checked before we signed.

But if its HP it could be an issue.

If they have taken the new car and kept the old one leaving you way out of pocket it is theft, see a solicitor.

Were you aware that the car was not taxed when you drove it from the garage, it was surendered on 05 August 2015. That is an offence you could be fined for in the future.

Are you aware its an insurance offence to claim your mother is the main driver if in reality you are. Be very careful.

Vauxhall Corsa D VXR SP58ONZ - I need advice !! - slkfanboy

I am sure the paper work could have been changed,so that your mum sign thelog book, rather than the finance deal be rejected.

Reguard the insurance. The arrangment as the other poster pointed out is not legal, because in real terms your not insured. This would further be a requirement stated by the insurance company that the car be fully insured. Your mum being the owner and registered keeper of the car is a further requirement.