2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Style Estate - Electrical Problems- Need Advice Please - Focusfan101

Car was Registered 1st Jan 2010.

Car was seviced 20th August 2015 by main Ford Garage.

Diagnostics said A service upgrade to the PCM was carried out. Map sensor fault was found. Map sensor was replaced 8 days later.

To cut a long story short the car has been in the FORD GARAGE FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS AND IS STILL NO NEARER BEING FIXED.

Between the service and now regular visits to the garage 3 pcm units, the ABS unit, the cluster have been replaced. After each replacement the situation was worse.

Finally the last straw, The Speedo does not work and a new Steering Column with a Steering Angle Sensor is required.

The car was running perfect before the software upgrade.

The advise I need is, Does my model of car have the Angle sensor fitted as standard. If yes mine does not have a steering column with the fitting to attach one. Also can a sensor signal be Disabled Via the pcm unit.

2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Style Estate - Electrical Problems- Need Advice Please - elekie&a/c doctor

Why does it need all these parts if there was no fault before?If your car has esp/stability control ,then it will defo have a steering angle sensor .It cannot be disabled.Sounds like you need a more competant dealer.

2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Style Estate - Electrical Problems- Need Advice Please - Focusfan101

Faults appeared after a software upgrade on a service visit. the car had never given me any real problems .If the car has esp it has not got a steering angle sensor. I wonder if the software upgrade is the wrong one for my model of focus. Eg is it a different program for a car with no esp.I do intend to contact Ford customer relations tommorrow. I will post results when i have them.

Fords have Offically informed me that ESP in fitted to this car even though its build date is 20-10-2009

Fords Ireland have not informed me no ESP was fitted to my car.