Alfa 156 - Insurance CAT C VIC - farmer.palmer

My beautiful low mileage Alfa 156 was recently driven into which caused considerable light damage to the car, susbsequently the insurance company have written it off - CAT C. I have bought it back as part of my settlement and plan to put it back onthe road (not too worried about all the scratches and small dents, I can tidy it up over time).

I am led to believe that VIC's were to be phased out on October 1st 2015 but cannot find any reference to this actually happening. I am loathed the pay the £45 VIC charge so am prepared to wait until its finally dropped. Does anyone know when this will be?

TIA

James

Alfa 156 - Insurance CAT C VIC - Cyd

Never, for yours. You need a VIC.

Alfa 156 - Insurance CAT C VIC - transport7

From 26 October 2015, drivers returning a written off car to the road will no longer need to apply for a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) to prove their vehicle matches the registration details.

More details at this link www.gov.uk/government/news/scrapping-unnecessary-c...r

Alfa 156 - Insurance CAT C VIC - transport7

From 26 October 2015, drivers returning a written off car to the road will no longer need to apply for a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) to prove their vehicle matches the registration details.

More details at this link www.gov.uk/government/news/scrapping-unnecessary-c...r