Lexus CT 200h - Company car - sumospim

Hi all, my first post so hopefully in the right place!

I currently drive the Lexus Hybrid but am due a new company car early next year. We get an"allowance" of £375 per month to spend on a car. We can chose any car as long as not a convertable and needs to be 4 door.

My question is more around the amount we are allowed to spend. I would like to be in a position to add to the monthly £375 out of my own pocket in order to get the car/ cars that i really want.

I wonderered if there were any forum members who have a similar policy to the above but they are allowed to add as explained above? At the moment we can add but have to add the extra up front. So if i wanted to spend £400 a month i would need to pay 3 years of £25 up front.

Any members have any policies in place where they can have the "extra" taken out of their salary on a monthly basis for example?

Many thanks for any thoughts...

Simon

Lexus CT 200h - Company car - slkfanboy

Sadly adding extra is nearly always up front, so as to avoid issues like you leaving the company and easy admin.

I also guess your look at cars that are expensive to lease as unlike BMW.Merc etc they not targeting as hard that market area.

I guess your locked to a single lease company the very expensive if not £375 goes a long way. A AMG C merc for example 199+VAT.

Lexus CT 200h - Company car - 72 dudes

No personal experience, but my sister, who chooses from a set list of cars determined by the employee's grade, was able to upgrade from a Focus/Asta/Octavia Estate to a well-specced Peugeot 508SW, and the "extra" is taken from her monthly salary.

When it's a monetary allowance, I would think it's more likely that you would be asked to fund the difference up front.

Edited by 72 dudes on 21/08/2015 at 11:01

Lexus CT 200h - Company car - sumospim

Cheers both for your replies. I did think as much but i know one very large manufacturing company where addituon through salary is permitted.

The 375 does go a decent way but then when you add in 3 years and 20K per year plus fully manitained , the "value" deals are less eye-catching. Luckily we are not locked in to one lease company. I can go anywhere and actually on my Lexus, the cheapest quote was from Lexus rather than the plethora of brokers i obtained quotes from.