VW POLO 2001 SDI 1.9 - Where is the ECM on my VW acceleration problems - freespirited

Hi,.

I have been having acceleration problems for some time now and unfortunately I have no acceleration. The AA guy said that he suspected that the module was faulty. I need to take out the old unite to buy a used one on ebay

Can anyone please tell me where the old unit is housed on my car? I have taked the wipers off etc but cannot see the unit as described on some youtube videos for the golf.

Thanks

J

VW POLO 2001 SDI 1.9 - Where is the ECM on my VW acceleration problems - elekie&a/c doctor
It could be at the back of the engine bay,held by a plastic bracket.A s/hand will not work,as it is coded to the electronics of the car.I would get the system tested properly,as the ecu may not be at fault.
VW POLO 2001 SDI 1.9 - Where is the ECM on my VW acceleration problems - Railroad.

Find someone near you with VCDS to help you. Here is a map of VCDS owners.

www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zQlwUpVpfeKA.kRFf...0

VW POLO 2001 SDI 1.9 - Where is the ECM on my VW acceleration problems - Big John

Just in case - double check your brake lights are working!

If the brake light switch has failed it will potentially kill the acceleration (not sure on sdi though) - Power cab be cut if engine management thinks brakes have been applied