Ford Fusion - Insurance request VIC within 2 weeks - Rusties

Can anyone please advise me .

I was in a non fault accident around 2 weeks ago and went through the third party to have my car repaired , they said due to the age age/value my car ( 2003 ford fusion ) it would be written off as a CAT C even though the damage was minor ( bumper damage ) .

I had to keep the car as their offer was not high enough to buy another one ( and I just put in a clutch ) when I contacted my insurer they requested that I provide a new mot and VIC certificate within 2 weeks .

Got the MOT done the next day with no problems , when I phoned for the VIC check they said my car was not on the system as of yet and even when it is could take up to 4 weeks for an appointment.

I have explained the situation to my insurer but they say the need all the documents within 2 weeks .

Any ideas where I stand legally as the person at VOSA said as long as I have made an appointment they insurer should continue to insure as it is out of my hands .

Any help would be much appreciated .

thanks

shahpur

Ford Fusion - Insurance request VIC within 2 weeks - slkfanboy

VIC is a Vichicle Identity Check issued for a written off car. If you still have the car the it's not written off, hence no record of write off?

I am guessing you did not accept their money and hence contacting your own insurer. I would take the offer and get some to fix the bumber. I would not claim against your own insurer as you will loosing NCD?

Your will be a CAT4 but how long is the car going to last 12years old?

Ford Fusion - Insurance request VIC within 2 weeks - Rusties

thanks for replying .

I did go through the other parties insurer who said that the car would be classed a CAT C as they said it would cost too much to repair . They are in the process of paying out and said i could keep the car .

The other parties put a " mark " against my car to say that it is classed CAT C .

I contacted my insurer who said that I require a new MOT ( which i got ) and a VIC to be supplied within 2 weeks .

But there is a back log at the VIC centre and my insurer does not want to know.