Ford Focus zetec s - PCM - Ray1458
Good evening everyone just brought a band new Ford Focus zetec s year of the car is 2013 and I have had nothing but trouble with it first of all it was miss firing all the time so fords put on a new coil pack still no joy still did not solve the problem then they put in a new wireing loom still did not solve the problem now they say they have got to renew the pcm on the car what a joke this is has any one else had any trouble with there zetec s ????
Ford Focus zetec s - PCM - elekie&a/c doctor
If it is a new car,surely it would be a 2015 model?If it is a 13 model ,it will be covered by the 3 year warranty,and hopefully Ford will repair it foc.Hardly a joke,cars go wrong and unfortunately this repair will take a little longer to fix.New model Fiestas don,t seem to be giving much trouble to date.
Good evening sorry for the mistake it surely is a 2013 focus zetec s I no its cover by fords but what worrys me is that they are just throwing in new components hoping it's going to solve the issue I have been looking up on google and it could just be a oxygen valve or coolant issue just something simple the new PCM what's going in tomorrow is over £1000 for that kit the coil pack cost them over £400 to put on and the wiring loom well todate that has cost ford £3000 has it is a two day job to take out and to put back in lol god know when I will get the car back has it been in at ford now for 4 days lol
Ford Focus zetec s - PCM - elekie&a/c doctor
I meant to say Focus,not Fiesta.But I don,t understand ,if they are fixing it for free ,what is the problem?
Ford Focus zetec s - PCM - Railroad.

Warranty or not, it amazes me that the dealer can't seem to diagnose the problem without replacing the ignition coil and wiring loom. Hardly professional.

Is the engine running on all four cylinders? Yes/No

If No is an HT spark present at all spark plugs? Yes/No

If No is the coil switching on both 1 & 4 and 2 & 3? Yes/No

If Yes replace coil. If No check wiring from coil to ECM.

If wiring is OK replace ECM.

Simples.

Well day five I hope ford is going to give me a ring and say to me my car is now talking to them and they no what has been the problem all. Along lol the battery lead was not on tight enough lol like PC - railroad says not very professional when they have to strip out my car just to hopefully that it's going to sort out the problem in the first place I no ford technical. Team has been involved the past few days
The problem. Is. My dear friend is that in the first place they don't. No what is up with my car they are just throwing new parts in to my car and with a bit of luck it's going to solve the problem??? If they could pin point the fault in the first place they would not have to keep putting in new parts ford said to me last night they thought is was the fuel pump in the tank which was faulty lol
Ford Focus zetec s - PCM - Railroad.

Fuel pump eh? So by the sounds of it they're unable to differentiate between a fuel problem and an ignition problem. And they're supposed to be a main dealer? I assume they do have some workshop equipment to enable them to carry out checks such as fuel pressure, and fuel pump operation? Or maybe they just have staff who simply don't have the knowledge or skills to carry out such tests? Either way I'd be worried.

Good evening you would not believe it ford. Has still. Got my car and they say they put on the new pcm and ho and below the car did not communicate with there lap top now I have been told ford is bringing a ford technician next Wednesday to see if he can get the car to communicate with is lap top ford is saying to me when they put there's lap top on to up load all the stuff when it's finish it says can not up load has the pcm is corrupt and it a new pcm been told the cost to day from fords if it was not under warranty you best to run away from it lol the cost so far is well over £3000 with all there labour on the car that's what I mean they are just throwing parts in to the car now ford technical are just has confused has I,am lol
Ford Focus zetec s - PCM - jc2

Can you please quote us the VIN(vehicle ident. number)so we can at least know the age and build date of the car-I can't see that it can be a new 2013 car.Ford has not got your car,it's the dealer and they would not normally connect to a laptop if they are a genuine dealer but to proper equipment.

Age of the car is 2013 vin number not too sure of unless I get all the paper work out what ever they hook the car up too ??? Lap top or no lap top the car is still not communicating with them has for ford yes they have been involved since Wednesday and today when the ford dealer tried to communicate with the car after they put on a new PCM the dealer was talking to ford tech team and still no joy so I have to wait now until ford technical team comes up to the dealers on Wednesday so they can have a try to get my car sorted out