Seat Altea XL - Broken when bought - Robert225487

Hi there,

i have a question, i bought a seat altea xl about 5months ago, i never used the aircondidion up until about 1month ago and noticed it does not work. i brought the car to the car dealership which has also a garage(the whole process until i got an appointment and final notice whats going on took 1 month).

now they tell me i have to pay 385,- pund for a new aircondition pipe+sensor because it is coroded due to old age

i´m pretty sure this did not happen while i used the car since i never switched on the aircondition but they say the aircondition was fine when they last checked it.

i´m really p***ed off because this is not the first thing that broke, i had to bring the car to them already 4 times for several things but this one is way to expensive now and i also should have an 6 month insurance which they claim does not cover this issue?

my question is, is there anything i can do to make them pay for the whole repair?

thx for your help

Seat Altea XL - Broken when bought - craig-pd130

Have a look here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

If a fault develops in the first six months from the date of sale, consumer law assumes that the fault was present or developing at the time of the sale. You do not have to prove anything. The supplying dealer/garage should fix the fault at no cost to you. If they refuse, you can pursue them through the small claims court.

Seat Altea XL - Broken when bought - Andrew-T

If they refuse, you can pursue them through the small claims court.

... if you think it is worth the hassle, for £385.

Seat Altea XL - Broken when bought - Robert225487

does this also apply to used cars, since mine is not a brand new car?