Ford C-MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec - Replacement Engine - maset

Looking for a replacement engine for my 04 C-Max 2004 1.6 Zetec Petrol

can anyone advise me what yrs I should be looking for. Can I replace with a diesel engine and does it have to be the 1.6 zetec.

Thankyou, any advuce much appreciated...

Ford C-MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec - Replacement Engine - slkfanboy

You will need to replace with the same engine. Get the engine part number and look on ebay. I think the engine number changed in 2004 aso be careful.

Ford C-MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec - Replacement Engine - Galaxy

If you are intending to buy a "Reconditioned" or used engine I suggest that, before doing so, you have a good Google search regarding possible problems people have had with any suppliers you intend to use.

Also, beware of any reviews that the suppliers have clearly written themselves. I know there's at least one review site that's actually run by a (dubious) engine supplier!

There are some real sharks in those waters!

Ford C-MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec - Replacement Engine - Wackyracer

Personally I would never buy a 'so called' reconditioned engine. Your better off getting a good used engine from a salvage yard.

Of course you can't use a diesel engine in a petrol car unless your going to replace alot more than the engine.

Always replace with the same engine type to avoid problems.

Ford C-MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec - Replacement Engine - jc2

You'll also have problems replacing petrol with petrol unless it's an identical engine.

Ford C-MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec - Replacement Engine - daveyK_UK

Do you know anybody who works for Fords?

I know of a bloke whos friend worked at Fords and purchased a new engine for a Focus with the staff discount for not much more than a used engine from a scrap yard.