Hyundai i20 - Motor Legal Protection query - Dougie68

Not having used this part of my insurance before I thought the people who offered this actually worked for the client. Beginning to doubt this and would like your thoughts on below.

Accident last July - no witnesses - each party blaming the other. Other driver no injuries - me injured shoulder - A&E xrays, etc. Given pain killers and told bruising and friction burn would ease. Fine after 3 weeks. NO WHIPLASH AND NO PHYSIO NEEDED.

After completing forms for MLP mob stating no witnesses, etc. they sent letter back saying didn't see a problem with getting claim settled. I had contacted local council and police for any CCTV footage but told nothing covered area of accident.

I've just received a letter saying the 3rd party has offered to settle the claim for a few hundred quid. I'm happy just to get excess back and forget about it. I was annoyed at the time as I knew I was in the right but can't prove it so just going to suck it up and want to move on. However, the letter from my MLP mob are saying "they are not willing to pay for the physiotherapy treatment at this stage and XXXXX may proceed to recover these expenses from you".

I called them to say I never had physio so what's going on! Was told it was a template letter that someone forgot to take that bit out. Their letter also states they are requesting the police report of accident.

I thought they had to ask me if I accepted the offer. I've filled every form in they sent but don't want to risk them chasing me for anything.

I would really appreciate advice on this.

Thanks

Dougie

I'm beginning to wonder