08 Mini Cooper petrol - Water leak - easypeasy
while getting mot, my girlfriend was told a slight leak at water pump. She then noticed blower was taking ages to heat up . I assumed loss of water causing this and this means I'm filling up radiator reservoir each week. I can't see any major puddle under car. Does this sound like the pump causing this? I'm no mechanic but just looking for advice before I take it to garage. Thanks for any help
08 Mini Cooper petrol - Water leak - RobJP

You say your girlfriend noticed a slight leak at the water pump.

Why don't you have a look yourself, and see if it appears to be coming from the pump, a pipe, or even a loose connection.

08 Mini Cooper petrol - Water leak - easypeasy
Not my girlfriend, the mot tester noticed. I've had a look but can't see anything and as I said I'm not mechanical minded. I don't even know where the pump is! I'm just trying to get info before I take it to the garage on Monday
08 Mini Cooper petrol - Water leak - Railroad.
There's a hose located behind the alternator that's been known to split on these models. It involves removing the front bumper and radiator assembly to get at it. It's not actually as hard as it sounds, but before you do anything get the system pressure tested and locate the leak.