Volkswagen Jetta - Clutch vibration on brand new VW Jetta 1.6 Tdi - dan900

Bought a Jetta 1.6 tdi SE brand new last month. Noticed a vibration through the clutch pedal (also through the footrest) and through the steering wheel when under load.

The dealer replaced the clutch and flywheel last week at 750 miles and three weeks old. Unfortunately the problem remains pretty much unchanged. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Volkswagen Jetta - Clutch vibration on brand new VW Jetta 1.6 Tdi - skidpan

Did they actually change the DMF, it is usually a faulty DMF that causes vibrations.

Yes. They gave me a warranty statement and it read 'replaced clutch and flywheel as required, using new bolts'.

Volkswagen Jetta - Clutch vibration on brand new VW Jetta 1.6 Tdi - madf

Yes. They gave me a warranty statement and it read 'replaced clutch and flywheel as required, using new bolts'.

Which could mean:

"Did not require new flywheel, did not require new clutch , replaced a couple of bolts. (That should keep the idiot happy.) "

That did cross my mind. Thing is - I drove a hired 2013 Golf 1.6 Tdi for four months before buying this. The Golf was a was a nice car and that was what persuaded me to buy it.

Volkswagen Jetta - Clutch vibration on brand new VW Jetta 1.6 Tdi - dieselnut

Presumably, before they changed the clutch, someone from the dealership took your car for a drive & agreed there was a problem.

So just hand it back when they have a spare car for you to drive, & ask them to give you a ring when it is fixed.

I think you have to give them a couple of chances to fix before you can reject it.

I was told by the dealer that the flywheel had 'hotspots' on it that was more in keeping with a 30000+ mile car. So they acknowledged there was a fault. They do not know what caused this but replaced the clutch and flywheel.

Despite this the symptoms remained essentially unchanged. The car is back with the dealer who says it is fine. I went out with a technician in it yesterday who said replacing a clutch on a new car was not unusual, the fault was not due to manufacture and the clutch and flywheel is not an integral part of the car anyway. They said they had road tested it thoroughly but the car had only done 3 miles in the four days they've had it.

Suppose all I can do is write to the dealer principal and see what he says.

Volkswagen Jetta - Clutch vibration on brand new VW Jetta 1.6 Tdi - skidpan

the clutch and flywheel is not an integral part of the car anyway.

What is it then for feks sake.

Did they not tell you.

Volkswagen Jetta - Clutch vibration on brand new VW Jetta 1.6 Tdi - madf

I would suggest your dealer would not pass a lie detector test.

They are pulling your chain

Wrote to the Dealer Principal yesterday and I'll see what (if anything) comes of that.