Honda CRV SE 2.2 diesel - Driver's seat height slowly lowering - Stravaiger

The driver's seat gradually lowers itself over time and requires occasional pumping up again. Honda advised the local garage to remove the lever for a period and to refit it and test the seat height. My did not need raising after the refit.

There has been a Honda notification on this which means I am not alone in experiencing this. However Honda has stated that all the components are working within design parameters and the problem is due to drivers inadvertantly striking the lever on alighting from the car. If this is so this surely must be a design fault which nobody will admit. It is not a big issue but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and what they have done about it.

Honda CRV SE 2.2 diesel - Driver's seat height slowly lowering - Bolt

Hi, yes I have the same problem but I live with it, only because it doesnt take a few seconds to pump up again.

I`ve had 2 civics in 2 years one petrol the latest diesel and they both do it,but it takes a few months to go down

to be honest I thought it was me imagining it to start with but when it happened again months later I realised there was a problem but as its a 2006 i`m not worried about it

Honda CRV SE 2.2 diesel - Driver's seat height slowly lowering - Bolt

According to Civic forums its a common fault on both Civic and Crv`s in USA, some in UK are affected but not many,presumably some don`t report it like me.

As you said it caused by the way you get out of motor