Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - BeeJay71

Duster Laureate 4WD with some goodies. I pay £221 for the two of us, usual excess etc, with Aviva. We spend a lot of time on hols, so my mileage is a lot lower than it used to be. Now the question, I've stated my annual mlg to be app 10k, but having had the car now for 12 mths, the mlg is app 6k. SO I'm in a cleft stick. how do insurers view a low mileage driver. Do they consider I'm more of a risk because I'm not on the road as much as a usual 12k driver & so bang up the premium, or consider me a better risk for the same reason? PS Been driving for 50+ yrs, IAM member for both car & motorbike. Driven HGVs, buses, & army vehicles in that time as an engineer. Look forward to comments.

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - RobJP

Don't say anything. It is a mileage limit, not an obligation.

If you really want to, when you renew, tell them that you've done less mileage in the last 12 months, but you want to keep a 10k allowance for the next premium year.

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - 72 dudes

Generally speaking, the lower you restrict your annual mileage, the lower the premium. You can see the effect by having a play on any comparison site, just adjusting the annual mileage.

The key is not to restrict yourself too much on mileage, be realistic and build in a margin.

Also, give Adelaide (or Cornmarket now) a try, they will always price match for a higher level of cover for IAM members.

Agreed regards Adelaide/Cornmarket. Brilliant customer service, and very reasonable prices for IAM members

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - dan86

Quick question how do insurance companies l ow if you're lying and saying you only do 10k a year when you could be doing 20k+

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - gordonbennet

Quick question how do insurance companies l ow if you're lying and saying you only do 10k a year when you could be doing 20k+

MOT, SH, be daft to try it on.

Another shout for Adelaide/Cornmarket here, my old MB which was group 18 when they maxed out at grp 20, cost me less than £200 this year 10k miles and commuting protected.

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - BeeJay71

Thanks one & all. I think mums the words in this instance. Also I'll give Adelaide/Cornmarket. a call at renewal.

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - madf

MOT tests will tell.

Further to my earlier reply, and as others have given premiums to show how good Aaelaide are ... with Adelaide I'm paying £233 this year, for a 2013 BMW 325d estate. 44 yrs old, live in a rural low-crime area, myself and SWMBO to drive, both immaculate driving history. 20k mileage allowance, business use included.

Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD - Insurance low mileage query. - 72 dudes

My "indulgence" car is a Merc SLK350, 2006 with just 38k.

This year through Adelaide I'm paying just over £220 fully comp, protected NCP, legal cover, mileage restricted to 4500 miles (days off and trips in the country only!)