Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - CraigA1085

I drive a manual Focus zetec 1.6 which is not long ago I purchased. My car is parked in a incline road so when I stick it in reverse and I would usually apply minimal throttle to make the car move because I don't like to rev the car while my foot is still on the clutch as I heard it isn't good for the clutch but sometimes I don't apply enough throttle then the car will judder or make a creak noise as if the car is about to stall but can damage the clutch/transmission or something in car component.

If a car judders if it was about to stall by making a creak noise will it ruin the clutch,transmission or car component?

Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - elekie&a/c doctor

Are these not basic driving skills?balancing the throttle and clutch operation so as not to make the clutch and gearbox judder.What do you do for a hill start ,from traffic lights ,for example??

Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - CraigA1085

Yeah I just purchased the car recently so I'm still trying to familarise the clutch.

I done it again mistakely instead I didn't get enough biting point and the car rolled a bit so I hit the accerlator about 2000rpm while my foot was mid way in the clutch while reversing and the car made a judder noise. I'm getting worried of ruining the car by doing this.

Yeah I just purchased the car recently so I'm still trying to familarise the clutch.

I done it again mistakely instead I didn't get enough biting point and the car rolled a bit so I hit the accerlator about 2000rpm while my foot was mid way in the clutch while reversing and the car made a judder noise. I'm getting worried of ruining the car by doing this.

anyone can help me?

Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - elekie&a/c doctor

Help you with what?Perhaps you need to drive an automatic.?

Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - mss1tw

Try and keep it at about 1500rpm when pulling away. It will judder if there is not enough throttle. As long as you are not revving it at about 4000rpm and barely moving, the clutch will be fine.

Try and keep it at about 1500rpm when pulling away. It will judder if there is not enough throttle. As long as you are not revving it at about 4000rpm and barely moving, the clutch will be fine.

Thanks but I done it a few times where the car made a judder noise as I wasnt giving enough gas and my foot was holding down and middle of the clutch repeated process. I am sketpical if it can damage the car or clutch as the judder noise worries me.

Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - mss1tw

Sounds like it could be down on power, maybe not firing on all cylinders. You have to rev the knackers off an engine to get it moving if it has 'lost' a cylinder.

Might be worth taking to a mechanic for a check.

Ford focus zetec 2010 1.6 - Car judders if it was about to stall by making a n - Manatee

It might just have a juddery clutch - it does happen, and can be a symptom of wear, contamination or, heaven forfend, an iffy DMF if the car has one. It doesn't necessarily mean failure is imminent though. I've had a couple of cars that were prone to clutch judder, but I've never actually had to replace a clutch in 40 years of driving.

I agree with the previous answer actually - if you have a tame mechanic, get him (or her) to check it out for you by trying it.

Clutches on used cars are always a lottery - some people can wear them out in no time. There's a gent near here with a Fiesta, only does 2000-3000 miles a year, and has a new clutch at at least every other service!