Citroen Xsara Picasso - Xsara Picasso Digital Display (Speedo) replacement - clumsychaos
I have a 2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso which has a faulty digital display. Some of the segments have stopped working. Not a bulb issue as this has been checked.

I'm now looking for a replacement, but finding one with a matching part number is proving difficult. I've been in touch with breakers yards and they have units available suitable for my car but are unsure about part numbers.

Does it matter if the part numbers match, or that the unit comes from the same model as mine, a 1.6 HDi, or does it only matter than I get a unit with the correct connectors on the back? Mine is a single connector, I believe it was two connectors on earlier models. I am aware that the unit needs to have lower mileage than my car to avoid it resetting to a higher mileage on the replacement unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Citroen Xsara Picasso - Xsara Picasso Digital Display (Speedo) replacement - elekie&a/c doctor

Are you sure this is not a bulb issue?If I recall,there are approx 10 bulbs on these for the backlight illumination.If another pod is reqd,then a unit with the same connections should be ok.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Xsara Picasso Digital Display (Speedo) replacement - clumsychaos

Yes def not a bulb issue as it is only a couple of segments of the right digit on the speed display and a couple on the trip display that are not working. Also the sunlight/torch in daylight test (can see the display in direct sunlight) shows that they are not opening.

Hopefully you are right about part numbers not needing to match, just connectors as finding a unit with my part number is having little results, and MOT test day is fast approaching.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Xsara Picasso Digital Display (Speedo) replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
None of the dash display is an mot test category,apart from the operation of the abs and airbag lights.so no need to worry immediately.

Is that right? I had no idea that was the case. Surely needing to know what speed you are doing would be a safety issue though? Don't get me wrong I can tell the speed but just seems weird it wouldn't fail an mot. Good to know though, thanks.