Are they trying to pull a fast one? - alexunder

To cut the long story short - my wife drove a carvery close to another one that was already parked and the woman claims that my wife caused some damage to her vehicle. I went there in the evening and moved my car close to hers and for me it clearly looks like they are trying to fix something that was already there but at my expense. I am just wondering what your opinions are. Please have a look at the photos

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/alexunder77/media/Screenshot2014-06-14at144017_zps77dfd854.png.html?sort=3&o=2

I marked the damages claimed by the third party and for me it looks like it is not possible to happen. The cars on the photos are already touching each other with number plates and the distance to the nearest part that could cause the damage is quite big. There is no mark on my car - even moskitoes and dust are intact. Do you think that the sctratch on lower grill and upper bumper part could happen without damaging the plates and grill bit first?

The thing is keeping me awake as I would accept the liability straight away if my wife caused any damage but I believe that this is not the case.

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - Armitage Shanks {p}

Deny it and tell her to produce evidence to support her claim.

She has a witness but my wife did not feel anything when driving up so we do not really know if there was any contact between the cars. If there was then I believe that my wife would know it and the cars would have other things damaged first. I think that the scratches and the dent was there before as it just does not add up.

I phoned up my insurance company and raised it with them. They contacted her and sent me an email stating that it is likely that I will be responsible. I provided them with the same photos so we'll see what their response will be.

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - Armitage Shanks {p}

I repeat. Ask this woman for proof that your car hit hers. What does this "Witness" say? Was she passenger, a passer by who happened to see the alleged event or what. I think someone is trying to clobber you for damage she caused herself and earlier.

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - Cyd

It would seem that way.

I just had a phone call from the insurance company and they said that they have to deal with third party claim and assume that my wife was at fault as the other driver has a witness.They said that they will only pay for the damage that they feel was caused by the incident which gives a bit of hope that the person dealing with it will not be too dim to notice that there was no damage. We'll see...

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - Avant

"....my wife drove a carvery close to another one...."

I had to read this several times - visions of a mobile carvery.... With the knives sticking out that would indeed have done some damage, and given the other driver something to beef about.

Ah - a space after car and before very is less exciting but doubtless what you meant.

It apparently is a scam big time. My insurer just called me to say that they have to re-open the case as the person is claiming personal injury now. She was absolutely fine on the day and said to my insurer the next day that all is OK. Months after that she is not well anymore.

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - TedCrilly

Looks like that anonymous girl who phones up out of the blue from a witheld number when you are having your tea and says..."I am ringing about your recent car accident"...has finally got lucky.

Edited by TedCrilly on 04/12/2014 at 05:34

Looks like :)
She calls me too. Once I asked her for her private number so I could call her home and talk to her. She was not willing to do it so I asked - "Why? Don't you want people calling your home in the evening?" She said - "No!". I responded - "Neither do I!" and she hung up.

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - Sprice

^^^^ Ah, a Seinfeld fan I take it!

Exactly where it was from. On another occasion I told them that everyone died in the accident and it would be hard to get hold of them. Have you got any good lines to have some fun with them?

Are they trying to pull a fast one? - Bianconeri
So they are making a fraudulent claim and are committing a criminal offence. The witness is also committing fraud and if (s)he lied in a criminal court it would be perjury.

Lose the claim and get a criminal record. Well done.

Try those simple facts and you may scare the I to telling the truth.
Are they trying to pull a fast one? - grimep

My Mrs was sat in her parked car recently when a passing car bashed wing mirrors causing damage. A woman jumped out and blamed my Mrs for not being parked close enough to the kerb! (not true anyway). The woman wasn't British so perhaps she wasn't aware of the rules, even so she was lucky I wasn't there, I'd have demanded her insurance details and made a claim to teach her a lesson- my Mrs is too soft.

I know of a very similar situation. My friend parked her car and another woman scratched her mirror by driving too close. When approached she told off my friend and said that it is all because of the way she parked her car :)
My friend did not claim though. The scratch was not major so she could not be bothered.