Renault Clio IV - Door Fit - ClioTel

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Clio. The door fit harks back to the days of British Leyland! All four doors have paint damage around the catches and the passenger door is so far out of allignment that it makes an awful "crack" when it closes. The car is to be booked into a bodyshop for re-alligning the doors and paint repairs. I have half a mind to reffuse this and demand a replacement car as it's an extreemly poor situation to be in given todays production standards. What do you think?

Renault Clio IV - Door Fit - elekie&a/c doctor

Reject it now,before it is too late.You have paid for a defect free new product not one that has possibly had previous pre-delivery damage.

Renault Clio IV - Door Fit - RobJP

Reject it now,before it is too late.You have paid for a defect free new product not one that has possibly had previous pre-delivery damage.

Agreed. It sounds almost as if the car has been crashed and repaired already !

Renault Clio IV - Door Fit - gordonbennet

As above, even if its an otherwise undamaged Friday car you don't want bodyshop ruffians shifting hinges and twisting doors to fit, will cause cracks in the paint which won't get properly sealed again, before you know where you are you'll have rust issues and loose fixtures.

Edited by gordonbennet on 06/06/2014 at 10:51

Renault Clio IV - Door Fit - ClioTel

Thank you both, glad you are of the same mind! I have just been to the bodyshop that the dealer will use and they are not happy to do the paint because if it goes again then they could end up repairing it forever! They think that to fix the dor they can move the catch post and not the door even though it is 1mm out of true. Off to the dealer now, will update later.