Zafira a DTI 2L - Oil Leak and smell of burning oil in car. - Mrmojorisin

Hello!

Desperate for some sensible advice. Its a long story but here it goes:

Purchsed a 2003 70,000 mile Zafira a month ago from a dealer.

Came with a warrenty. full service history.

After a few weeks got a smell of burning oil in the car. Took to a garage and told head was leaking oil but not blown.

Went back to dealer, who has offered to replace the gasket through warrenty but wont cover any further problems found when they take the head off.

He has offered me a deal on a 2008 kia Caren CDTI in replacment but at a further cost to me.

He has openly admitted he is not keen to do the gasket as the car is over 10 years old and he cant be sure it will stop the burning oil smell which is pretty strong.

SHOULD I GET THE HEAD DONE AND TAKE MY CHANCES FOR FREE?

or cough up about a grand for a newler car with less miles?

I'm a little nervous about the head being done ona diesel as I've heard you end up with further problems.

Any advice would be very welcome!

THANKS

Zafira a DTI 2L - Oil Leak and smell of burning oil in car. - taxidriversteve

your choice, but he cant avoid his obligations under the warranty, if its ****** its ******* and its his duty to repair or refund, how much extra does he want for the Kia, would you be happy to have another car off him, if you do the warranty on THAT starts when you get it....

compare values first

Zafira a DTI 2L - Oil Leak and smell of burning oil in car. - slkfanboy

If he is saying is that if it's not broken then he not fixing it, that is ok. He does have to return a working car after the fix within the terms of the warranty.

If the head is warped and he is not going to fix it, then after two weeks it's seams reasonable to say it was broken when purchased and he needs to prove otherwise.

Not sure a swap is what your really want