mondeo tdci - compensation - sofa man

mid april this year i presented my car for mot to be told it had failed on emissisions the scanner they used was not working correctly ? so they done a bleed off test which revealed 3 faulty injectors after they quoted £200. per injector plus fitting i asked if i could source my own recon injectors this was ok with garage i sourced recons which garage fitted the car then failed to start they said recon injectors were faulty so they were returned to supplier they have said that the fuel in injectors had metallic contamination so warranty was void they say that fitter should of carried out a fuel test before saying i needed injectors? the garage say that they did carry out fuel test & no contamination found the supplier has now said as a act of goodwill they will repair contaminated injectors free of charge but will not accept any returns if contamination issue is not solved the garage now has the recon injectors back from supplier i visited the garage again 10/05/14 to find that the car is still not repaired they say they have not fitted recon injectors because they have now found metallic particles in fuel tank ? they now suspect injector pump? have walked out of garage to get advice as to where i stand i have obviously been lied to by a established garage can any one help?

mondeo tdci - compensation - gordonbennet

Ah the joys of a Diesel Mondeo.

Always complicates matters when you try to cut costs by sourcing your own parts, it seldom works, if the one garage does the whole job they are responsible.

I don't think you've been lied to, if a garage stripped the entire fuel system every time a Mondeo hiccups, the customer could be easily facing £1000 bills for a slightly blocked fuel filter.

When these cars go wrong they do so big time, the cost to fix can write the car off, i doubt you have a compensatin claim if thats where this is leading, indeed i'd try my best to keep things calm and the garage on side to get the car running again without incurring a hefty 4 figure sum.

mondeo tdci - compensation - oldroverboy.

It is ALWAYS best to let the fitting Garage supply parts as they are then liable for any warranty and labour charges associated with that.

The injector pump is expensive and just fitting it will not solve the problem, the tank needs to be cleaned as do all fuel lines. Is your car worth enough to justify all this