Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 litre petrol, 51 plate100k - clutch failiure - Ford Anglia

Had since new -now in third at full throttle engine revs drop back from3100 rpm to 2800 rpm and after this flat spot the old girl takes off with normal acceleration.Sometimes get judder on engaging clutch.

Is this likely to be the clutch?

If I do replace clutch what s all this about replacing the DF? also and what would be the extra to do this over the £280 I am likely to have to pay for a new clutch

Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 litre petrol, 51 plate100k - clutch failiure - Collos25

If it needs a new clutch you need only change the clutch plate ,pressure plate and release bearing I would be very supised to find a dual mass flywheel.

Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 litre petrol, 51 plate100k - clutch failiure - oldroverboy.

It is not the extra cost of the flywheel to worry about, it is the extra cost of the labour to do the job again. Find a good indie who will use quality parts and go that way. My taxi driver mate in wales had his done all in for £600ish.

whatever you do, let the fitter supply the bits, that way warranty labour charges are covered.