Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - ronjo94

I've had great service from my insurance company "LV"=
I had my car written off by a Veolia waste recovery truck at 10.10 on Friday morning
I got home around 11.30am and phoned my company and by 12.30am
they had arranged for the car to be collected for repair (will be a writeoff) and for a hire car to be charged to the other insurer. (I did not have this option on my insurance).

At about 1.30pm Friday, my insurer rang me to say that the other insurer had admitted liability The only snag is that my car will be written off and I will not be able to
get another car as good as mine with the payoff which is likely to be low.

Just wanted to let people that there are good insurers

Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - martint123

I'd call them good when you can get a replacement car as good as your own after refusing their initial low offer.

Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - dacouch

Although technically it was not your Insurers, they passed you over to an claims management company or a credit hire company who hired you a car under a credit agreement for which the inflated costs are passed onto the other party.

They received about £300 commission for doing this.

If your car is not being paid out by your own Insurers you will have lost the protection of the Ombudsman which can make a difference on a written off cars value.

Further to my original post, I am glad to say that I yesterday received appoximately 30% more than the best that I expected - picking up A Citroen C3,next week, 11 plate, 21000 mls for £3700 plus my payout. I call that a great result.

Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - brum

Sounds like spamming to me.

Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - brum

Less than 6 days from accident to getting a cheque for 30% more than expected £???? and that includes a weekend.

Do you write scripts for fairytale themed insurance adverts?

Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - oldroverboy.

Less than 6 days from accident to getting a cheque for 30% more than expected £???? and that includes a weekend.

Do you write scripts for fairytale themed insurance adverts?

Perhaps it IS true. 13 years ago I drove my very new rover 45 under a car park barrier (it was chained down, a 4" steel post!) accidentally when too closely following directions on a diverted route in the rain. result 1 new roof, windscreen and assorted rear wiper arm and bits. Dealer (imperial ruislip) now long gone allowed me to px at an agreed repaired price. My insurance company were superb, even shouldering the £200 excess and continuing my insurance for the following year! bought equivalent R45. I had immediately admitted it was my fault too!

Skoda Fabia 2002 - Insurance excellence - Avant

No, I don't think that's spam. LV (Liverpool Victoria) are a well-known, reputable insurer who wouldn't advertise in that way.

Me again. I assure you that all I have stated is true and another plus, I have added my new (secondhand) Citroen c3 11 plate to my existing policy with LV= for just £10.04. with 5 months still to run on the policy.

Naturally there are sceptics but that is their problem - I'm laughing all the way to the bank - just wanted to let others know.

Edited by ronjo94 on 16/04/2014 at 18:34