Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - BorisTheBuilder

Hi.

I've had a peugeot 806 2.0 HDI (110) Quiksilver. [Engine Code DW10ATED.] for the past 6weeks... I thought (wrongly) that it was just slow, until a tatty old scudo kicked my a**e off the roundoubout and up a sliproad onto the m25!

So I bought a OBD2 reader (£12) off Ebay and installed the Torque Lite Android App (£0)... Worked a treat, unfortunately I showed up the following error codes:

P0380 Glowplug/ Heater Circuit A

P0380 Glowplug/ Heater Circuit A (appers twice)

P0230 Fuel Pump Primary Circuit

P0243 Turbo Wastegate Solinoid A

P0220 Throttle/ Pedal Sensor Switch/ Switch Circuit B

P0220 Throttle/ Pedal Sensor Switch/ Switch Circuit A

0.1~0.1psi and that under heavy acceleration it will go upto 6.6psi. MAP sensor works, but no reading from MAF sensor. [I took it out to clean but is spotless and looks brand new?] or from throttle position sensor. The power steerings a little heavy when parking, Sometimes, the red handbreak "(!)" light comes on while im driving... But otherwise its bad, but not dreadfull. I can still get to £70 on the motorway and get from peterborough to central london and back for around £40?

Ive looked through various forms... The 1.5" hose on the under side of the turbo, swopping the EGR and Turbo Wastegate solenoid... Blowing in some pipes should have or not have vacumes.

Could it be the pump in the tank (£136), the high pressure pump (£320.00+120) or just a relay? is the wastegate solenoid the thing at a local parts firm told me was a pressure sensor that looked like something I should find in a fishtank? How the heck are you supposed to get to the engine in one of these things?

So I thought Id get a Haynes Workshop Manual. My saviour since I was 18 and faced with the daunting task of replacing everything form the breaks to the head gasket on my xr3i... Except Haynes dont make a manual for the 806, not the Citroen Synergie or Fiat Ulysees. They dont make one for the Expert, Dispatch or Scudo either... They do however make a manual for the Millenium Falcon and another for Babies (Actually a really helpfull book!)...

It's pretty much the perfect motor otherwise. Big, comfy, easy to drive (despite it's faults), lugs myself, the missus and kids around at the weekend and does the job during the week.... It's just guttless. :(

So please, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - Collos25

Try relacing the EGR valve most of the codes you have mentioned automatically come up when the engine goes into LHM.They are almost identical to the early Citroen C5 for future reference.

Thanks.

...is there a test I can perform on the egr valve, rather than just replacing it?

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - hardway

your a bit confused,throttle PEDAL sensor,it's the one down at the pedal,

DO THAT FIRST!

Then re check the codes.

Why should he replace that or is it a guess on your part .

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - Peter.N.

Never had problems with the pedal sensor on those engines - always a first time of course.

Weekends approaching...

I'm hoping to change the fuel filter as no idea when it was done last. I'll be able to check for 'bits of brass' which should let me know the condition of the pump.

Take out (somehow) the egr valve. Give it a clean with carb cleaner and put it back.

Check all the intercooler pipes. IF they come off I can attept to clean out any debris (or replace if de-laminating inside) and check with gas leak detector spray after.

...its been suggested that I take off the air intake before the turbo and with the engine running, spray a little carb cleaner into the turbo (?) Then give it some rev's. Repeat 3-4 times. ...is this wise?

May do an oil & filter change... its also been suggested that I drain the engine oil. Pour 1 pint petrol into engine. Start, run for 5 seconds, turn off. Drain. Change filter and refil with new oil... again, is this wise?

Will check connections on the pedal sensor, it may be unlikely its failed, but could have become dissconnected somehow?

Thanks.

its also been suggested that I drain the engine oil. Pour 1 pint petrol into engine. Start, run for 5 seconds, turn off. Drain. Change filter and refil with new oil... again, is this wise

Whoever suggested that is either your worst enemy or a complete numpty ,

Edited by Collos25 on 13/03/2014 at 07:12

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - hardway

Reccomended renewing the throttle pedal sensor based on the codes he stated and the asumtion he has neither PP or a 'scope to test the sensor.

Maybe I'm a little biased but the only reliable diagnostics for these I've found is Peugeot Planet.

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - dieselnut

This link was left by another poster recently.

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111...e

It shows a map of enthusiasts who have Planet diagnostics & will help out for beer money.

See if there is someone near you who can give you a reliable diagnostic.

Might save you a lot of time & money.

Planet is only as good as the person using it If they do not know how the codes relate to faults then it is pretty useless piece of software.

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - Gibbo_Wirral

That's my map and I can vouch for every member on it, otherwise they don't get added.

They know how to use it not just to read codes, but to analyse the live data and do the actators tests.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 13/03/2014 at 13:54

Been a busy week. But heres an update after spending all Saturday and a few hours Sunday tinkering.

The good news... Oil and filter chqnged, (the original filter was a genuine peugeot part and totally rusted!) Deisel filter changed (without a trace of any metal/brass to be found). Front break pads renewed and wheels swapped round. Throttle cabel adjusted (was very loose). 1 .5" solid plastic pipe was cleaned out (found to have about 1/2" oil collected in the botton. (Could this be because the oil filter was bloked?)). All solenoids checked and found to be working (if I disconnected any while engine at tickover, revs dropped and ran like cr*p). ...i did spray some carb cleaner into the turbo, with the engine cold... (got quite allot of black smoke but only lasted a few mins). And injector no.1 was loose and dripping fuel so i tightened it... polished and cleaned out.... Goes MUCH better. :)

The bad news... still got the same fault codes. Engine still in limp mode and wont rev past 3000rpm. Still got lots of blue smoke... so tomorrow im off to scrap yard for a second hand throttle sensor. [There ISN'T one on the pedal. But there is one under the bonnet attached to the end of the cabel. It does appear to work, as when dissconnected the throttle doesnt! But its worth a try.

As said before the EGR valve is the most likely culprit.

Peugeot 806 - Peugeot 806 problems - Gibbo_Wirral

I agree. And it can be tested with Planet in just a few minutes. Throwing parts at a problem is a fools game.