Renault Clio Grande 98-01 (manual) - Reverse Lights Stuck On - clueless-about-cars
Just got told my whilst driving that my reverse lights are stuck on.

My dad's going to take a look, hopefully at the weekend, but I'm trying to get some advice/help before hand.

Any idea what could be causing it?

Where do we need to look to check the problem, and what do we need to do to fix it?
Renault Clio Grande 98-01 (manual) - Reverse Lights Stuck On - Peter.N.

The most likely cause is a stuck reversing light switch, you should find it somewhere on the gearbox.

Renault Clio Grande 98-01 (manual) - Reverse Lights Stuck On - elekie&a/c doctor

sounds very much like reverse switch fault.Access requires removal of the left front wheel and the switch can be found at the base of the gearbox,or at the front,depending on which gearbox fitted, with a 2 pin connector attached.If you change the switch,make it a swift change because you will lose some gearbox oil.Jack the car up high as poss on the left front ,and the loss of oil will be reduced.hth

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 21/02/2014 at 18:27

Renault Clio Grande 98-01 (manual) - Reverse Lights Stuck On - clueless-about-cars
Excellent thank you for the replies.

Is there a test I can do to check if it's the switch first? Or should I just go ahead and buy a new switch to replace it and hope that's the problem?

You mentioned making it a swift change so as to not lose too much gearbox oil, and to jack up as high as poss. How will I know if I've lost too much oil and therefore, maybe need to 'top up'?

Is this switch a screw or pull switch? E.g. Do we need to unscrew it and quickly screw the new one on, or is it a pull job?

Sorry to sound clueless but I am. My dad knows a bit but I'm a bit of a control freak so like to have a bit of an idea :)
Renault Clio Grande 98-01 (manual) - Reverse Lights Stuck On - elekie&a/c doctor

Disconnect the clip on wire connector to the switch,if the lights go out,then the switch will be suspect.The switch is a screw into the gearbox.so undo one and quickly screw in new one.