Ford S-MAX - Ford Warranty Issue - sam72

Hi All,

It is my first post so please be gentle.

I bought a ford smax (four years old) from ford main dealer about a month ago. After couple of weeks I noticed that there was a whining/siren like noise coming from the turbo and I called the main delaer and made an appointment with their service department.AFter they inspected the car I was told that the noise was excessive for the age and the condition of the car and They told me they made a claim under my warranty(12 months gold ford warranty) for a new turbo.

Now I have been told the ford warranty rejected my claim stating that the part was only noisy but it did not fail. I contacted the salesmen but they were not very helpfull.

Where do I stand in relation to this issue?

Ford S-MAX - Ford Warranty Issue - Collos25

Forget about the fancy warranties that in reality mean nothing you have a claim against the supplying garage under the SOGA.

Ford S-MAX - Ford Warranty Issue - sam72

Thanks Collo,

The supplying garage is telling me that the turbo is only whining, there is nothing wrong with it. However If that's is the case why did the service department attempted to change the turbo?

It is serious if it is not coming out of their pocket, it is not serious if they have to pay for it..

Ford S-MAX - Ford Warranty Issue - gordonbennet
It is serious if it is not coming out of their pocket, it is not serious if they have to pay for it..

Ask any owner of a car on full maitenance package about that one...your car needs new discs and pads all round sir etc etc...OK go ahead...how are you paying sir...its on contract...we've looked at them again sir, they'll be ok till the next service.

Ford S-MAX - Ford Warranty Issue - leaseman

Hi Sam 72. You need SPECIFIC advice and that is why you posted here.

Write to the selling dealer, signed for delivery, identifying the problem that you have perceived and the reaction of the service department.

Demand that the Turbo is replaced by the dealer, irrespective of the warranty companies response.

Leave it at that and await a response.

If no reply, and assuming no further exacerbation of the problem, wait for the Turbo to fail and come back to the Forum for further advice.

If they reply, then let us know their response.

Edited by leaseman on 17/02/2014 at 18:31

Ford S-MAX - Ford Warranty Issue - oldtoffee

The warranty is no good to you, the turbo could plod on for ages and they'll find another excuse not to pay out. Do as leaseman says and offer them the chance to repair the acknowledged fault or you will reject the car. Give them 14 days to choose which way they want to go and stick to it.