Audi A3 2.0TFSI - Replacement engine - Mechanical idiot

Hi need some advice i have a 2.0tfsi that has cam chain snapped due to oil starvation blocked pick up. Have had the head off and checked by professional one of the cams has been damaged and a couple of valves.

Question is do i get a refurbished head and put it on do i go for a secound hand engine or do i go the reconditioned rebuilt route you hear lots of bad things about the latter two and any idea if the turbo would now be useless. Pretty hand myself but not sure if i would have the full kit to work on an Audi have rebuit VW 16v in past so not complete muppit just looking for some sound advice independant of the recondition engine companies. If any one knows any good companies to deal with would be mega greatful for advice have been offered £1500 as is 2007 model with leather sat nav sunroof

Mnay thanks

Terry

Audi A3 2.0TFSI - Replacement engine - craig-pd130

Your current motor might have more extensive damage at the bottom end -- oil starvation might have damaged the main or big-end bearings. I'd go for a replacement engine, but I'm afraid I don't know any recon companies.

Audi A3 2.0TFSI - Replacement engine - Robin the Technician

Hi, i would be surprised if the chain snapping was caused by lack of oil. Usually oil starvation will cause the. Topend to seize first. My suuestionwould be to clean the oil strainer, replace the broken camshaft and the two valves. I reckon the bottom end will be ok as its already bathed in oil. My opinion is after doing these repairs it will be fine.

Hope this helps

These are the views of Robin thTechnician - i fix, therefore i am

Audi A3 2.0TFSI - Replacement engine - Collos25

I would take the money,

Audi A3 2.0TFSI - Replacement engine - Mechanical idiot

many thanks Robin might be worth giving it a go