Ford Focus Mk 2 Petrol - Could this be an electrical problem? - hoyak

Hi

On Wednesday I began to experience the following problems:

- engine warning light on

- external temperature guage not working (just showing as -- -- )

- cold weather warning light on (red)

- rear windscreen wiper not working

- front windscreen washers not working

Yesterday I noticed a front bulb is also out.. unsure if it has been out since Wednesday.

Fuel consumption seemed fine until a friend asked about it... now think it is going down quicker but maybe just mind playing tricks. Did a short 4.6 mile run across town with a short stretch uphill to 60mph and the fuel reader dropped by seven miles so not bad I think...? Its a 2.0 petrol.

Maybe unrelated but all this happened after I had a tyre changed on Wednesday.

I have checked a couple of fuses, such as the rear windscreen wiper, and they appear to be in tact.

Does anyone have any ideas or indications? Is what I am experiencing symptomatic of an electrical fault? I am going to get it hooked up to diagnostics at the end of the week.

Ford Focus Mk 2 Petrol - Could this be an electrical problem? - elekie&a/c doctor

If the car is a Mk 2 2005 onwards,check the connectors to the cabin central electrical/fusebox in the passenger footwell.It is common for these connector plugs to get dislodged by passenger feet.hth

Ford Focus Mk 2 Petrol - Could this be an electrical problem? - hoyak

Thanks for your reply.

One of the plugs was loose.. pushed it in a tad and it has fixed the temperature gauge and both wiper problems. Thanks for your advice.

Also I am more concerned now that the garage I got my tyre changed at may have loosened the plug as I have never had this in 2 years of owning the car. Why would they even be in the passengers side of the car to change a rear drivers side tyre? Any tyre even?! I am worried they have done something to cause the engine light to come on.

Edited by hoyak on 18/08/2013 at 14:33