407 sw - peugeot 407 engine problem - jasondp

i have recently been having engine cut out problems,i have had 2 recommended auto electricians diagnose my BSI unit needs replacing.Its going to peugeot where its £450 for the unit and configuration i am fine with that.Since ordering and paying for the part the mechanic rang up and informed me that they are fitting the BSI unit under the dashboard and not the bonnet ??????? im confused can anyone tell me if a 407 has 2 units or is the main bsi under the dashboard.Please put my mind at rest otherwise i may have to pay again if this doesnt solve the engine problem THANKS

407 sw - peugeot 407 engine problem - elekie&a/c doctor

The Bsi unit is the central electronic control box/relay and fuse box.It is located behind the dashboard.I would very much doubt if this is the cause of an engine cut-out situation.There is also a fuse relay box in the engine bay.

407 sw - peugeot 407 engine problem - jasondp

thank you,when i said engine cut out it actually means that the whole car is immobilised when driving,no dials indicators wipers nothing everything goes then it just starts up again because it happens when im driving the diagnostic cant pick anything up.Im hoping for the best really start off with the dearest and work my way down its just one of those things but thanks for your reply