vauxhaul zafira - small mileage problem with recently purchased car - mb76

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice.

I purchased a 2007 zafira from a franchised dealer just over a week ago. It came with a network Q guarantee but i also took out an extended warranty for a further 2 years with another company. This company want to know the details of the MOT, last service date and mileage etc. It was only when looking at the last service stamp (which was done as part of the purchase of the car) i noticed the mileage was slightly different to the mileage on the clock. The actual/correct mileage is 68.4 thousand miles, but the last service states it as just over 69.5. All the paper work that was signed etc also states the mileage as 69.5.

Now, i dont really care about such a small discrepancy and the salesman admitted it was a clerical error but here's my problem. Again as part of the deal they are putting it through the MOT in a weeks time. The MOT will register the mileage as the real mileage of around 68.4K.

So here are the problems i can forsee:

1. The NMR/HPi check will flag a mileage inconsistency if i try to sell the car in the future.

2, Even if that didnt happen, anyone purchasing the car may notice this funny discrepancy and walk away. Anyway i think by law i have to point out any discrepancies to potential buyers.

3. The warranty company will likely reject any future claims by pointing out there is something funny with the mileage. We all know these companies are renowned for trying to get out of paying out claims.

The car had to have a little work done to it and i brought it up then but the salesman said it wouldn't be a problem. However, its ok for him to say this but i just know this sort of thing can come back to bite and the fact i have signed things with the incorrect mileage on them means they have nothing to worry about.

What would you advise i should do? What can the dealer do to rectify this? Do you think i am being unreasonable?

I'd appreciate any/all advice.

Thanks!

vauxhaul zafira - small mileage problem with recently purchased car - jc2

Your next Mot will show the recorded milages from the previous MoTs.

vauxhaul zafira - small mileage problem with recently purchased car - mb76

Thanks for the reply,

Thats the problem though, the MOT is next week, they will record a mileage very slightly lower than the mileage on the last service which was just done before purchasing the car.

I will then be the owner of a car which will flag up a discrepency if i gotto sell later or try to claim against a warranty.

I'm so annoyed at not having double checked the mileage last week before completing the purchase. But as it was only a week ago and they have aleady said it was a human error and it is an established franchise dealer i'm hoping there wont be any funny business when i tell them i want it sorted out.

I called the HPI guys this morming and they said that things can be amended if an error was submitted by a dealer...so at least i know.

Any other comments welcome

vauxhaul zafira - small mileage problem with recently purchased car - Andrew-T

Your next Mot will show the recorded milages from the previous MoTs.

I doubt there will be a problem. One of my present cars failed MoT a few years ago at 66K miles and then passed a retest at 55K miles. Just a clerical error at the garage, apparently recorded without comment by the system.