N/A - Car Accident legal proceedings letter - jheroj

Last year on July I gave my car to my friend to drive as i was feeling ill and he assured me that he was insured with his insurance. But unfortunalately he was involved in an accident with damages to both cars and it turned out after that he was not insured at all afterall.

I have read similar threads here ragarding this matter however my one is a bit different. I beleive the insurance company involved on the accident was the same company i am with and on march they sent out a letter to my friend to claim the outlay of money which is in 1000's. To make matter more complicated he does not live on this country. However he did email them mentioning his current situation and the amount of money he was willing to pay (half the amount). However since then the solicitors have not replied back to this email and now i receive a letter today claiming the same amount of money from me.

I think i can make my freind pay for the amount or even see how the outlay sum can be reduced but i was wondering if there is something that i would be ablet to do in this situation.

N/A - Car Accident legal proceedings letter - Palcouk

You allowed someone to drive your car without proof that they were insured, the liability is yours, not withstanding the possible Police proceedings against both parties (yourself & friend)

N/A - Car Accident legal proceedings letter - Brit_in_Germany

There was a similar thread a couple of months back:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=99462