Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - rgt1973

Have just done a deal to part ex my 2002 Mondeo 1.8 petrol for a 2007 407 diesel. Got £500 for the Mondeo and new car is going to have 12months tax and mot. Also pushed the dealer to a lifetime warranty with auto guard. Anyone know if the warranty is any good?

Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - daveyK_UK

I dont know much about the warranty company auto guard; how much did you pay for the 407?

Paid £2800 after my part ex. Seemed about right. Looking at the warranty it covers all the things I was worried about apart from the DPF which with the mileage I'm doing on the motorway shouldn't be a problem. Car is a good spec. with heated full leather, panoramic roof , disc changer etc. Has full Peugeot history as well but don't know if the cam belt has been changed, or what the interval is . Have heard various reports varying from 80,000 miles to 150,000 miles!

Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - Collos25

It tells you in the service book, I am running a 2.0 hdi 2010 C5 estate and the change intervals under normal driving are 150k.

Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - oldtoffee

A discussion here on Auto Guard;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=91941

Edited by oldtoffee on 22/04/2013 at 12:32

Well so far so good! Getting 50+mpg and love the car! Rang the dealer who last serviced it and they told me all the history of the car and assured me that the cam belt isn't due until 10yrs or 150000 miles! Just a few minor issues to take up with the LMC who I bought it off. Anyone know if the bluetooth function can be turned on, or am I better off fitting a Parrot system?

Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - Collos25

If bluetooth is fitted it will show on the central display when you fetch up the menue if it does not it is not fitted,my last 407sw had it fitted and it was very good I believe it has to be SE spec and above and after 2008.

Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - Alf_Hooker

Looks like a good deal. I ran a 406 Estate HDI up to 130 K miles a few years ago, and it was 100% reliable, the only parts I had to replace were some rear suspension bushes. NOTHING else.

My own experience and those of contributors on this Forum, suggest that French / Belgian Cars are in fact much better than German ones.

I say Belgian, as the Mondeo is built there, uses the same diesel enginses as Peugeot / Citroen and this also seems to be largely free of trouble.

Unlike the VW group and BMW oil burners that are effectively scrap after 4-5 years.

Peugeot 407 SW - taken the plunge! - sandy56

I just joined the Peugeot club with the 407SW hdi sport 163 auto.

Well its big comfy and I like it.

Brakes are very good, steering is a bit remote but the response is direct and predictable. Suspension is soft but not as soft as I thought it would be. It does need the front and rear parking sensors. The Hifi is very good and I dont have the smart Nav, and the Bluetooth works very well once paired ( took me a few goes for that to work).

I will drop a line in a few months and update HJ forums.