Honda Civic Parts Delays - Honda - Halmerend
Been waiting nearly two weeks now for an air con condenser to be delivered and fitted under warranty to a car in the family. Found out today it’s still not available even though they’ve had the car for two more days so no air con for this year’s holiday when we hit the M6 this weekend. Our Audi air con condenser problem was diagnosed, part ordered, received and fitted all on the same day last month under warranty. Quite like the Civic but I won’t be ordering one myself based on this debacle.
Honda Civic Parts Delays - Honda - focussed
Been waiting nearly two weeks now for an air con condenser to be delivered and fitted under warranty to a car in the family. Found out today it’s still not available even though they’ve had the car for two more days so no air con for this year’s holiday when we hit the M6 this weekend. Our Audi air con condenser problem was diagnosed, part ordered, received and fitted all on the same day last month under warranty. Quite like the Civic but I won’t be ordering one myself based on this debacle.

Swindon (HMEL-UK)The most important activities

• Distribution of spare parts, motorcycles and power products to the UK dealer network.
  • Furthermore, the Parts Procurement Centre handles the purchase and supply chain of after market parts for all vehicles built by Honda of UK Manufacturing.

But Swindon closed down permanently last Monday!.

Honda Civic Parts Delays - Honda - Falkirk Bairn

The last time I needed parts the MAIN parts centre for Honda was Holland

Honda Civic Parts Delays - Honda - Andrew-T

This is the time of year when factories go on holiday too .... especially French ones.

I gather there have been a lot failures for this component, hence the dearth.
Honda Civic Parts Delays - Honda - Engineer Andy
I gather there have been a lot failures for this component, hence the dearth.

It probably doesn't help that this time of year is when many European factories and suppliers have company holidays, plus it's likely more A/C systems will fail anyway due to the seasonably hot weather.

It's the same reason why trying to source home boilers and parts over the 2 week period including Christmas is nigh on impossible, because of the cold weather (boilers running at full tilt for longer) and the traditional shutdown of much of the Construction Industry over that period.

I had a similar wait about 5 years ago (3 weeks for a delivery to my local dealership) for a replacement clutch (sourced from their EU-wide depot in Belgium) for my MY05 Mazda3.

You're right that a common failure item obviously doesn't help the issue, especially at the time of year when they are most likfely to fail due to heavy use.

Edited by Engineer Andy on 19/08/2021 at 13:25

Honda Civic Parts Delays - Honda - focussed

No - It's Ghent in Belgium, has been for years.

No - It's Ghent in Belgium, has been for years.

Sounds like it could be a similar issue as mine was then, with a pandemic twist and a specific issue with an unreliable OEM part/system. Quite a lot of the EU-wide parts depots appear to be located in Belgium, perhaps because it's quite central.

And still waiting.

And still waiting.

Has the dealership/garage given you any idea as to when the part is now due to arrive? It could be just as much the logistics of trucking the part to the UK from the continent and even (if it is made in Japan) similar issues with shipping/flights, etc.

One of the big problems of the last 6 months has been the 'pingdemic' - more than people actually being sick and off work with COVID, but having (sometimes needlessly, others not) to self-isolate, which if that's lots of factory floor or HGV staff can obviously lead to significant delays in the manufacture and distribution of goods - whether Hondas, Audis or anything else.

I presume the rest of the car works ok, so you may be somewhat fortunate, especially as the weather in the UK isn't exactly 'hot' at the moment, thus needing A/C is less of an issue.