Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - Richard wall
Hi there not sure if I’ll get the answer on here. Picked up a brand new 69 plate Skoda superb L&K. Went to put on the re de mister but doesn’t come on light doesn’t illuminate and the rear screen doesn’t de-mist. Very odd I’ll try the dealer when they reopen. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to who it won’t work?

Cheers
Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - elekie&a/c doctor

Could be any number of problems. Hopefully something simple ,like a missing fuse for that circuit.

Cheers thanks
So a bit of an update. Both switches do work but the amount of pressure to get them to come on is a lot. Would that suggest a dodgy contacts?

Regards
Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - galileo
Hi there not sure if I’ll get the answer on here. Picked up a brand new 69 plate Skoda superb L&K. Went to put on the re de mister but doesn’t come on light doesn’t illuminate and the rear screen doesn’t de-mist. Very odd I’ll try the dealer when they reopen. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to who it won’t work? Cheers

Did you go to the dealer yet?

Going Monday now ... they are very puzzled I’m annoyed as this should have been checked pre delivery inspection
Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - jc2
Going Monday now ... they are very puzzled I’m annoyed as this should have been checked pre delivery inspection

It may well have been-had a car where the rear fog-light worked intermittently-must have been some dirt in switch because after switching it a number of times,it worked all the time.

Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - elekie&a/c doctor
So what is the “other switch “that doesn’t work properly? Are you sure they are being operated correctly? Most modern cars have switches that push on momentarily, but don’t actually stay down .
Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - focussed

A condition for operation of heated rear window and windscreens on most vehicles is that the engine has to be running before they can be switched on.

Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - jc2

A condition for operation of heated rear window and windscreens on most vehicles is that the engine has to be running before they can be switched on.

Actually,output from the alternator.

Skoda Superb - Rear de-mister won’t come one - focussed

Actually,output from the alternator.

Very clever, but as it's a 69 plate brand spanker I would think that's a given.