Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - Lizzylizzy17

Thought I would be able to upload some photos.. but maybe not.

So I managed to tear a roof rack off my Peugeot 208 yesterday.. yes I know..

I have damaged the vehicle in numerous places, but I think the main concern being where the 4x connectors were attached to the car.

Each one has been pulled/dented/deep scratched. Doors still align, but doesn't look like you'll be able to 'suck' damage out!

As the damage is on the whole main side panel of the cars (no the doors, but the bit holding doors in place!) is this the sort of thing they repair.. or just write off?

I have arranged for it to be seen in person. But have to wait a week.

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - badbusdriver

Are you planning to claim from your insurance or pay for it yourself?. Either way, depending on age/value of the car, probably not worth repairing due to the nature and location of the damage.

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - Lizzylizzy17

Thank you for your reply.

I will be getting it done through insurance. The car is only a year and a half old and still on finance.

The damage is very visable so will have to get it repaired.

Just wondering if it's likely to be a write off leaving me with finance left to pay! (No GAP insurance :( )

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - skidpan

I would very much doubt that the damage caused by an escaping roof rack would write an 18 month old car off. Its going to cost a fair few pound to sort but I would be stunned if it exceeded the amount that would make it uneconomic.

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - Andrew-T

Agree with Skidpan. But it is hard to judge without any photos. There are bodyshops that can make almost any damaged car look as good as new, but it all comes at a price.

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - Andrew-T

(deleted duplicate)

Edited by Andrew-T on 11/06/2018 at 19:01

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - badbusdriver

Probably right, given the age, but without seeing exactly what the damage is, i'm not sure i'd put money on it!.

Peugeot 208 - Do you think this is repairable? - barney100

Hopefully the insurance will cover it and you have protected no claims on the policy. I would get on to the insurance people and get their people to have a look for a start.