Landrover. One life live it! - Oli rag

I see a lot of Landrover drivers have One life live it! written on their car. I was just wondering what I was missing out on in life? Apart from lying underneath one fixing it or regularly taking it back to the dealer I can't think of much.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Oli rag on 15/04/2018 at 19:23

Landrover. One life live it! - Leif
You have missed out on the thrill of driving down green roads, churning them up, creating deep water filled ruts, thus making sure that no-one else other than Land Rover drivers can use them. And just so others know, your vehicle will be completely covered in mud, which you can leave on as a badge of honour. And yes I lived in an area where I was unable to use paths thanks to these yobs.

Or maybe they see themselves as survival experts, able to eek out an existence from the countryside when Waitrose runs out of halloumi and balsamic vinegar.
Landrover. One life live it! - daveyK_UK
You have missed out on a lack of reliability

I have always admired land Rovers both how they look and how they perform off road; If Land Rover ever make a reliable vehicle I will have one. But they consistently come bottom of reliability surveys for a reason
and they do not seem to test their vehicles to identify all defects prior to release.
Landrover. One life live it! - mss1tw

Ha! Thought it was just round my way. For free thinking, living life to the edge SUPER XTREME individuals, they aren't half a bit samey.

Normally the sheep are in the field not behind the wheel...

Landrover. One life live it! - KB.

Feel a bit like a sheep meself here ... following the herd .... but it is the case that whenever I see the stickers saying "One Life - Live It" I too immediately, and unfailingly, think ...one life and you're spending it with your head buried in the bonnet, up to here in muck and bullets or legs sticking out from underneath when everyone else is having Sunday roast.

No shortage of them round this way and, indeed, no shortage of Green Lanes made impassable to mere two legged mortals.

Yes, there's a sort of machismo uniform ... an old, noisy, smelly, smoky Series 2 or whatever with a snorkel and full mud coating plus winch with tow rope wound around the front bumper for all to see and, of course, the aforementioned logo plastered all over it.

And to confirm my prejudices I draw the attention of the jury to the Landrover forums wherein you will find all manner of obnoxious and unpleasant online behaviour with language to match. Occasionally someone with a Suzuki Jimny will have audacity to suggest that they, in fact, managed to negotiate this or that bog ridden quagmire without self destructing .... only to be battered by an evil onslaught of abuse by the serious boys who wouldn't be seen dead in anything other than the real thing.

I think I could go on - and on and on.

And yes, I concede that there are sensible owners who do come to the aid of mere sub-human simpletons who venture out in the snow in anything other than a Discovery and get stuck - or assist in getting medical staff to hospital during (the occasional) snow storms or other worthy souls who subscribe to other 4x4 groups who offer their services to others in distress.

Apart from that, I'm all in favour of them.