PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - the.bloke

Hi All

I have a problem to find the equivalent size oil filter for my Peugeot 504 ti 1978 Cab.

Purflux stopped making the LS152B few years ago and finding one is nearly impossible. Apart few in France but they wont ship to the UK.

So I tried to find the equivalent. Got lucking with some LS127 but i have used my last one. Sameproblem as the LS152.

So I bought a pair of ALCO-810.

They have the same external size -86mm- and M18x1.5.

But they are shorter by 13mm.

The inside has less holes but that would do.

Does the length really matter in this case? Less space, less power of filtering?

I have to find the answer before sending them back.

The seller stipulate that they would fit my car.

Yours ideas and knowledge welcome.

Thanks Gilles

PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - Oli rag
I would doubt that the slightly shorter filter would make much difference. The quality of the filtration paper is fairly hard to judge compared to the original fit type, but again I'd doubt it will matter too much as long as oil change intervals aren't too long.
PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - bathtub tom

I suggest you contact a manufacturer direct. I've found them more than helpful in the past.

PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - focussed

There is an equivalent to that Purflux filter made by Mahle ( original equipment maker for BMW & Volvo etc etc)

Mahle OC7 available on ebay UK.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mahle-Oil-Filter-OC7-Peugeot-/1...6

Amazing oil filter cross-reference website here:-

www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/PURFLUX/L...B

PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - the.bloke

Strangely enough, I have contacted Plurflux and they answered that they could not help me and would not give me any equivalent filter for the LS512B.

They did the LS127-10 then stopped.

As for the Mahle OC7, they are nearly right but just to wide on the outer /external size

The Alco fit perfectly, just a bit shorter in length.

Thanks Gilles

PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - Quicksilver

As long as the rubber sealing ring is in contact with sealing face then everything will be good.

Over the years I have used many different filter types in the same car.

The most extreme example was a Motorcraft Cortina filter on a Chrysler Avenger. The filter was nearly twice the diameter of the specified Avenger filter but the sealing rings were in the same place. Everything worked OK.

As long as the non return valve works and the pressure relief vale are approximatley the same, (most cars should be) then the filter will be OK.

Q.

PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - Wackyracer

If you go to the Mann catalogue you can search for a filter by it's dimensions.

PURFLUX LS152B <=> ALCO-810 - Oil filter size Purflux - tourantass
I had to switch to the shorter filters when I ran our Peugeot 504 and then the same with the 505's with no problems. The memories are now flooding back of our early adventures in the seven seaters....I still have a bent conrod in my garage from when the headgasket went on the 505 diesel and it "Hydroliced" on start up, the forces must have been unbelievable to bend it as we arnt talking about a little bit of metal, more like a T Beam used to hold a building up.