Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - Drivethru

Just wondering if anyone has used Quote me happy for car insurance. They are quite a bit cheaper but you can only contact them by email and they have horrendous reviews on Trust Pilot. Not sure I like the idea of not being able to speak to someone if there is a problem.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - daveyjp

Quote me happy is a brand of Aviva. I've been with Aviva for a few years now with no problems, however I haven't had a claim. May be worth getting a quote through their main brand.

I have changed policy details when changing cars on line as it's free of charge. I have also used live chat a couple of times.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - KB.

They were top of the list on my recent comparison site results (i.e. the cheapest). I may well have gone with them except I spotted no phone contact is allowed. Only internet/email. That was enough to put me off.

I recently did a bit of online searching for reviews and finished up staying with my current insurer (Saga) but only after the usual debates and haggling etc. I did actually take out a fresh Saga policy via the comparison site and allowed the existing Saga policy to lapse due to the new one being the same policy, only cheaper. In retrospect they would probably have matched the new policy because on my wife's Saga policy I got them to match a cheaper company on the comparison site ... I had to persist a bit, but we got there in the end.

With the savings on my contents/buildings policy plus the savings on the car policies I'm currently well over £200 better off ... with no loss of cover.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - Andrew-T

I did actually take out a fresh Saga policy via the comparison site and allowed the existing Saga policy to lapse due to the new one being the same policy, only cheaper. In retrospect they would probably have matched the new policy because on my wife's Saga policy I got them to match a cheaper company on the comparison site ..

In our experience, if you find an online quote which offers a better rate from the company you are with, you can easily talk them down.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - Ethan Edwards

I've used QMH for several years on and off. Never had an issue but I've been lucky enough not to need a claims team.

That said as part of Aviva I would expect and demand nothing less than total competence. The premium admin and provision of documentation links has been perfect.

And no they weren't the cheapest on comp the market for me. I believe last time they were fourth but I'm a bit picky about whom I buy cover from.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - Avant

Aviva are fine as long as you don't have a claim.

When my car was stolen some years ago they just refused to believe that it had been genuinely stolen, although the police did and were prepared to tell them so. They only believed me when the police found the car.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - Drivethru

Thanks everyone. QMH are £75 cheaper than going directly to Aviva. When I looked at the website for further info, everything is done online but they do have a 24/7 telephone line for claims only. I'm with AA now and it;s not much different, docs and other queries were dealt with online. I think I'll go with QMH especially as it's a lot cheaper and most insurance companies reviews on Trustpilot are terrible anyway.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - gordonbennet

When my car was stolen some years ago they just refused to believe that it had been genuinely stolen, although the police did and were prepared to tell them so. They only believed me when the police found the car.

Thats bad, though similar traits applied back when they were Norwich Union too, as i found to my cost most unfairly and to the great amusement of the lady at the other end of the phone at NU at the time, maybe her job wasn't outsourced with all the others and she's still there making customers feel the warmth of loyalty.

Funnily enough none of these insurers ever have any trouble taking your premiums, though LV couldn't even manage that which made me wonder how a claim would be handled so decided against.

Edited by gordonbennet on 31/08/2017 at 08:56

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - Andrew-T

All I can say is that after I had a collision last Christmas, the other party immediately admitted full blame, and within hours their insurer (Aviva) was in contact sorting things out. I guessed the result would be near write-off value - which it was - and we agreed a fair price and I had the car repaired at the bodyshop opposite which the crash happened. No complaints at all.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - argybargy

The obvious problem with review sites is that they may indeed feature terrible reviews, but those reviews might represent only a tiny proportion of those who have used the service, or bought the product. Additionally, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that some of them might be from people who don't tell the absolute truth about the experience they've had.

Folks are less likely to go to the trouble of accessing a review site in order to laud providers from the rooftops than to slag them off, and when they do express a positive, they certainly don't tend to relate their experience with anything like the enthusiasm and forceful language that you might employ to describe a negative.

Yes, by all means use different review sites, speak to folks on forums like this one and check De Facto star ratings, but don't do just one of those things and expect it to tell the entire story.

In my humble opinion, that is.

Edited by argybargy on 01/09/2017 at 09:41

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - NARU

We've been with Aviva on and off for 30 years. Had three claims that I can recall. All settled without drama. Currently have a multicar with them (3 cars).

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - argybargy

Thinking of checking out that multicover thing with Admiral after seeing the adverts. They say that if you have home insurance with them and want car insurance, or vice versa, they'll roll it all up into one package which should be cheaper. We have Admiral home insurance, so halfway there.

If it ain't cheaper, I'll eat my tricornered hat.

Ford Ka - Quote me happy car insurance - galileo

Thinking of checking out that multicover thing with Admiral after seeing the adverts. They say that if you have home insurance with them and want car insurance, or vice versa, they'll roll it all up into one package which should be cheaper. We have Admiral home insurance, so halfway there.

If it ain't cheaper, I'll eat my tricornered hat.

Their TV ads show a disturbing lack of realism: Nelson was 39 before he was made a Rear Admiral, yet the "Admiral" in the ad is a woman who looks no more than 30. Must be plenty of actors who could look the part, is this just political correctness on their (or their agency's) part?