Ford Focus - Ford Focus Window Stuck - Charlie Croker

Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2001 1.6 Ford Focus and thanks to the advice on this site I have managed to fix the air con (resister pack) the speedo (speed sensor) and given it a basic service.

One of the last issues I have is the passenger electric window will not operate from either driver or passenger side switch, no noise, movement, nothing. Having looked at the wirining diag I am assuming its not the fuse as both windows would be affected?

So before I start stripping the door, is there any advice on what I should be looking for?

Many thanks

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Window Stuck - elekie&a/c doctor

Next step would be to remove the passenger door card to access the connector to the motor..Check for power to each pin in turn when the switch is operated up and down.If there is power,then it is likely the motor is in trouble.(remeber to have the passenger switch connected while testing) Note,this test is for motors with a 2 pin connector.High spec Focus models have a different system ,with a 6 pin motor,so the test is not the same.

Thank you Doc!

Looking at the Haynes it is a 2 pin model. I am really thick when it comes to electrics, am I looking for 12v from each pin when the switch is operated up/down?

Thanks again

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Window Stuck - elekie&a/c doctor

If you are using a digimeter,put the 2 probes into the disconnected plug.Operate the switch.You should get +12volts one way and -12 volts the other.If this works then the motor is naff.

Digimeter it is, got it, !

Thanks a lot for the advice, appreciated.

The window switch worked out to be ok, so deeper dive led me to this post.

Lubricated the armeture runs with WD, sprayed electriacl contacts I could get to with contact cleaner then t***ted the motor with a hammer a few times while using the switch. Its been working now for a week. If it fails again I will drop the motor and give it a proper clean out.

Might come in useful for anyone with the same issue

www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2719-Ford-Focus...m