Audi A4 Avant - 2003 A4 Avant error codes P0102, P1290, P1137 ... - Mc53Avant

The engine/emissions and traction control warning lights have been appearing intermittently on my 2003 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 Sport (Petrol), and have now started going all the time. The only 'symptom' I notice when driving is that when the lights are on, the car staalls very easily. Apart from that I've not noticed much difference.

I have had the error codes read, and they have returned ed with the following:

P0102 - Mass airflow sensor (G70): signal too low: P0102 sporadic - no fault type identified

P1290 - Coolant Temp Sensor at radiator outlet (G83): signal too small - P1290

P1137 - Fuel trim: bank 1 (add): system too rich: P1137 - static - no fault type identified

And

P1857 - 18265 - Load signal: error message from ECU: P1857 - intermittent

Also this one without error code: 01542 - Yaw rate sensor (G202) - sporadic - implausible signal

I am assuming/hoping there's a problem which is causing a bit of a knock on effect with these codes, and hopefully one problem to fix. From what I've read there are some common links between some of these, and they've so far pointed towards to Mass Air Flow. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this set of codes and what I might get seen too/fixed. I'm just doing a bit of digging before getting someone to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

Audi A4 Avant - 2003 A4 Avant error codes P0102, P1290, P1137 ... - elekie&a/c doctor

Before you get too deep with the electronics part of the engine control system, I would lift the plastic engine cover(if fitted)and carefully inspect all the flexible/plastic intake and breather hoses and pipes.Any pipe that is split or fractured can cause these issues.

Audi A4 Avant - 2003 A4 Avant error codes P0102, P1290, P1137 ... - Mc53Avant

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look before doing anything else.