WIN: A bundle of Christmas prizes, worth more than £1500 Click here to enter today  | No thanks

The passenger footwell of my Skoda Yeti fills with water after rain - is this a pre-existing fault?

I purchased a 2009 Skoda Yeti in June 2017. There have been no apparent issues with it until the last month or so, when the passenger footwell fills with water after rain. Having looked on the internet, this appears to be a common fault with Yeti. I have contacted the supplying dealer and they say there is nothing they can do as it was sold with a three month warranty and, even if it was still under their warranty, it excludes water damage. Surely this is a pre-existing fault on the car. Your help would be appreciated.

Asked on 5 December 2017 by paul wiseman

The reason is almost inevitably that the bulkhead vent well drains either side of the vent well have become blocked with leaves, leaving rainwater nowhere to go except via the pollen filter into the car. The pollen filter seal may also have deteriorated and/or the pollen filter may be cracked or otherwise displaced.