Are jump starters that plug into cigarette lighters any good?

Do you have an opinion on battery jump starter/chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter? Are they okay or best avoided?

I haven't used a cigarette lighter jump starter, so I can't really comment. I have used jumper packs though and I use an Aukey one. It's small, light, easy-to-use and doubles as a battery pack for devices like smartphones or tablet computers - so a great little thing to keep in the car and easy to use with the traditional crocodile clips supplied.