Why is the tax for my Mazda 6 auto so much more than a manual version?

I own a Mazda 6, it's a beautiful car. Can you tell me why there is such a huge difference in road tax for a manual versus an automatic. My Mazda 6 auto is £113 per year, but a Mazda 6 manual is as low as £15 - sometimes £30.

Cars first registered before April 2017 are taxed annually on the basis of their CO2 output. Emissions of 121-130g/km are taxed at £115pa. Emissions of 111-120g/km are taxed at £30pa. And emissions of 101-110g/km are taxed at £20pa. New cars first registered from April 2017 are all taxed at £140pa from the second year onwards, unless they are hybrids - which are taxed at £130pa. If the hybrid's original list price was £40,000 or more, they're hit with an additional luxury tax of £310pa.