Should I buy a Mitsubishi Colt or Honda Jazz for commuting in London?

I've got a question about the choice of Mitsubishi Colt (08, manual, petrol) and Honda Jazz (08, manual, petrol). I need a car for my job every day in London, which is 10 miles away from my home. Sometimes I do need to go 40 miles to another branch one or two times a week. I want the car to have good petrol consumption, an easy to use gearbox, and reasonable noise on A-roads.

Asked on 10 September 2010 by testlock

The Colt is a bit of an unsung hero and generally sells for a lot less than the Jazz. The Jazz has more interesting rear seat folding arrangements. It depends what suits you best: a sliding rear seat in the Colt, or a rear seat that either folds down or lifts up in the Jazz enabling carrying of awkward items in the centre of the car.