The clutch on my 2015 Ford Focus broke after 9000 miles - should Ford pay the £1227 repair bill?

I own a 2015 Ford C-Max 1.0-litre EcoBoost. The clutch burnt out on the M25 in horrendous traffic, I was lucky I found a stretch of the hard shoulder without an accident happening. Ford refused to pay for the clutch replacement, despite the car still being on a three year warranty. I've driven for 56 years, never had a clutch problem (including owning two Ford Focus). This is a manufacturing fault. The new flywheel, clutch and slave cylinder cost £1227. Can you advise how to get Ford to behave responsibly to a defenceless pensioner?

This is extremely common on the 1.0 EcoBoost drivetrtain in C-Max and Focus and I have even been on BBC TV about it pointing out the reason, which is a failed clutch slave cylinder. Despite this, Ford and its dealers continue to hit owners for the full cost. Use the evidence in the Focus and C-Max entries in www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycer to sue the supplying dealer in Small Claims for the cost of the repair: www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview/