Garage is refusing to refund me for a faulty car - whats steps should I take?

I bought a car from a garage, which I later discovered was faulty. I left the car with the garage for agreed repairs. No repair was done, so after 10 weeks asked for money back - to which they refused. I transferred the registration to garage through DVLA and cancelled insurance. Have a court judgement stating he owes me the money. What steps can I take to find out if they have sold the car as I assume it still belongs to me?

Asked on 16 August 2017 by Stan Hatch

Answered by Honest John
On gaining the CCJ what you should do is apply for a High Court Sheriff's order which costs about £70. That is much more effective than bailiffs because then the debtor cannot make a further application to court. When they visit him he either has to pay up or get his property seized.
Similar questions
I recently purchased a Vauxhall Astra but within the first 24 hours the battery died and the rear left tyre needed replacing due to having a puncture beyond repair. The dealer paid for the tyre to be...
I've been taken to court for non-payment of a parking fine by a private company. While there is lots of information available about how to get out of paying a parking fine, I can't find much information...
I purchased a 2007 Citroen C4 Picasso on December 1 2017. I quickly found the car would judder, hesitate on pulling away and cut out on me. I informed the garage of this, and they said that was normal...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer