I only drive five miles per day - would a hybrid car suit my needs?

I need a car to do a round trip of five miles per day. I definitely do not want an electric car, but I would buy a small hybrid if it was any good. Would the starter battery or hybrid battery continually run flat due to lack of charging?

Asked on 28 July 2017 by zog

It would probably be okay. That was how my dad used his Auris hybrid until he had to stop driving. The worry is more the 12 volt starter battery rather than the hybrid battery. Obviously try to do a few longer trips whenever you can justify them to keep the starter battery charged.