Which paint colours are the most durable?

I intend to buy a new car and keep it for a long time. Please advise which paint colours are the most durable.

These days EU Environmental Directives stipulate that the colour coat on cars has to be water based. So whether it's a plain colour or metallic or pearlescent, all paint is now clearcoated with lacquer to protect it, but it's also advisable to coat the clearcoat either with a protective treatment or with high quality wax (not polish) at least twice a year. All that said, by far the least durable colour is red and the best is probably white.