The engine in my Land Rover Discovery Sport has had to be replaced - should I be worried?

I purchased a new Land Rover Discovery sport 2.0 TD4 SE in January 2016. It went for its 1st service in March this year. The dealer said they had detected an engine noise (which I had not). They said that they needed to change the turbo but they were not satisfied with the results and then persuaded Land Rover to change the engine. I am very unhappy and uneasy about this. What do you advise I should do?.

Asked on 14 April 2017 by john jackson

First report of problems with the Ingenium diesel engine. But absolutely brilliant that with no prompting the dealer took the initiative to check the engine properly and ultimately replaced the engine. You should be pleased.