Should I get a hybrid for my company car?

I have a BMW 520d saloon as my company car. I may need to change later in the year for an estate and the hybrids look very attractive, certainly from a tax point of view. The BMW is about £240 per month in tax whereas, for example, a Passat GTE hybrid is about £100 in tax. Both need a contribution from me to the company of about £140, so the Volkswagen Passat GTE is lower in cost by about £140 per month. What do you think about costs and, more importantly, how well they drive?

I was very impressed by the Passat GTE PHEV (though, admittedly, the test drive was in Holland which is mostly flat): www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/volkswagen/ Another possibility is a KIA Optima PHEV: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/kia/kia-optima-phe.../ There's a Mondeo petrol hybrid: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ford/ford-mondeo-v.../ The Prius hybrid: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-priu.../ (Prius PHEV coming next month). And, of course, BMW and Mercedes are working on their own.